Reports to: PMNHS Council members
Remuneration: This is an unpaid, voluntary position
Hours: Depending on time of year, around 2 days per month for quarterly Council meetings, assistance with Bulletin, conference organisation and fieldtrip planning.
No minimum or maximum term commitment, re-elections annually.
Porcupine is looking for an enthusiastic and driven person to support the Council in developing the Porcupine Marine Natural History Society’s objectives. This is a key opportunity to lead a progressive and ambitious Society, working with a dynamic and enthusiastic Council, and to play an important role in the future of the society. The role requires someone who is a strategic thinker and proactive leader with a passion for our seas and marine life.
This is an opportunity for the right person to:
- Develop and practice leadership and management skills
- Network across the UK with experts in all areas of marine natural history
- Enhance communication skills across disciplines
You will need:
- Knowledge of and an interest in marine natural history
- Good organisational and communication skills
You don’t need:
- Any specific expertise in marine biology
- Previous experience of being Chair – however experience of committees will be beneficial
How to apply:
If you are interested in the role, please contact Natalie Hirst, the current Chairperson to discuss further. A more detailed description of what the role entails can be found on the website here: http://pmnhs.co.uk/honorary-chairperson-duties
Elections will take place at the Society’s AGM held as part of the Spring conference in April 2022.