Porcupine is looking for an energetic and creative person to take on a new role as Assistant Editor. Curious? Then read on!
The purpose of this role is to support the Hon Ed and editorial team in all aspects of producing the Porcupine Marine Natural History Society Bulletin.
This is an opportunity for someone to:
- Develop and practice a multitude of editorial skills
- Network across the UK with experts in all areas of marine natural history.
- Be creative in making the Bulletin even more interesting, refreshing and inspiring
- Put their own “stamp” on how the Bulletin evolves in the 20s
- Enhance their own leadership and communication skills which are transferable to any workplace.
What you will need to apply:
- An interest in marine natural history
- A sense of creativity
- A “organised” streak!
- And a sense of fun
What you don’t need:
- Good writing skills – you have a team who can help with proof reading, writing and desk top publishing.
- To be an “expert” in any marine biology
- Experience in anything related to editing.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to learn and practice skills you may not already have
- Meet and work with some amazing people
- Learn more and more about the marine natural history of the UK in unexpected and exciting ways.
- An opportunity to develop both “big picture” and “attention to detail skills” with support from the whole Porcupine Council.
If you would like to know more please email email@example.com